Forgive me, for I have a confession to make.
I broke the yoga bubble.
IT WAS WORTH EVERY MINUTE.
- I got to see my friend Dani, who lives in Ohio which is too far away, while she was back at our alma mater for alumna responsibilities. I love her to death, and since our friendship only began 3 months before I graduated, we really never had enough time to enjoy each other’s company.
- Dani hooked me up with tickets to graduation dinner, so I got free food!
- I indulged in nostalgia. I miss my college. I loved Scripps. It was beautiful and amazing and I didn’t appreciate it nearly enough at the time. It’s weird that I graduated exactly four years ago now. It simultaneously feels like forever and no time at all (a feeling that is already recurring with teacher training).
- I visited the studio where I started practicing Bikram yoga in September 2007. They have no idea who I am, of course, but I spent nine months that got me hooked enough to eventually get me here to this point, where I have radically restructured my life around this yoga. I owe them a lot for that.
- I even went all productive on myself and studied dialogue and anatomy on campus for a few hours. Go me!
Once in a while, it’s helpful to step back, reflect on where you are, where you’re going, and how you got there. This was one of those times for me, and it gave my heart a necessary boost of love to hold onto as we plunge into Week 5. Life is crazy, yo.